In our BIO Farm we cultivate 8 hectares of the most ancient wheat – the spelt. The grains of spelt are characterized by:
- Big quantity of B Vitamins – mainly vitamin B1 (Thiamine) and vitamin B3 (Niacin).
- Mineral substances that are of key importance for our live – significant quantities of potassium, magnesium, manganese, calcium, iron, zinc, phosphorus and sulphur.
- More proteins and healthy fats from the modern wheat varieties.
- Do not contain cholesterol.
- Contain Vitamin E and significant quantities of selenium – antioxidants of great importance. They relate both to fertility and to “disposal” of free radicals that are constantly formed in the body under the influence of internal and external factors and it is proved that they are one of the reasons for the occurrence of oncological diseases.
- Improve the digestion.
- Improve the condition and the operation of the spleen and the pancreas.
- Contain substances related to maintaining a healthy locomotory system.
- Improve the blood indices and maintain the good condition of tissues.
- For people having intolerance to wheat protein gluten, the spelt is a suitable and adequate substitute for ordinary bread and other wheat products.
We offer a husked BIO spelt as well as in the form of flour.